Monday, February 13, 2012

From AFWJ February Journal - Music Blogs 5

Rachel Greenwood Yokomatsu:

My favorite all-time favorite Japanese band is Blankey Jet City. Actually, they’re one of my favorite all-time bands, period. Especially this song about going to Disneyland:



Blankey Jet City, Akai Tambourine

I was introduced to the band by my husband, but before I met him and his more alternative taste, I liked bands like Yellow Monkey, Glay, and Globe.

Yellow Monkey, Love Love Show (fan video, very interesting!)

Glay, However

Globe, Faces, Places:


Another favorite was Judy and Mary:


Puffy is my go-to standard for karaoke!

Kore ga Watashi no Ikiru Michi was the first Japanese song I learned, as part of my Japanese study! I like how different the girls looked from the usual pop stars with their grungy jeans. I also like singing Asia and Ai no Shirushi

Puffy, Ikiru Michi:

Puffy, Asia:

Puffy, Ai no shirushi:

I even took karaoke lessons for a short while, and was taught a couple of Japanese enka, Nagayama Yoko’s Suterarete and Teresa Teng’s Toki No Nagare Ni Mi Wo Makase

Nagayama Yoko, Suterarete

Teresa Teng, Toko no Nagare ni mi wo Makase:

I was so into J-Pop at the time that I even selected several Japanese songs to be played at our wedding, including:

Chara, Yasahii Kimochi:

Blankey Jet City, Sweet Sweet Days:

No comments:

Post a Comment